Monday, October 12, 2009

Playing dress up

I thought I would post this picture of Alice all dressed up for church. My mom said it was so cute, so I figured I would share it with all of you. Girls really are more fun to dress up. I wasn't sure that would be true, but there is something about little girl clothes that just can't be captured with little boys. Maybe it is just because I am a girl too. We went to the doctor for a check up last week, she weighed 8lbs 4oz, which is doing really well. However I find it funny that at 5 weeks, she still weighs less than all my sister's babies when they were born! Of course they are boys, but still....it is amazing how much difference there can be in the weight of newborns. Rylan weighed almost 3lbs more than Alice at birth, he was over 9lbs!

We have been battling sickness at our house. I think everyone is finally on the tail end of it all. Eli started it the Friday before last. Then Simon got it, and then Joe came down with it this past Friday. Alice and I have been spared thus far, thankfully! We have been trying to be very careful about washing our hands and using hand sanitizer and Lysol. We kept Alice upstairs and the sick people downstairs. I am glad we have that option, but it has been exhausting. The doctor said it was probably rhinovirus, but we are thinking maybe it was flu - the H1N1 variety. That is what Rylan was diagnosed as having. Well, he tested positive for flu, and since it is too early for seasonal flu, that is what they are saying. Thankfully no one has any severe cases of it. Hopefully we are all over that now, and immune. But I am still planning to get the shots for all us, except Alice of course, who is too little. Hope everyone out there is doing well and staying healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Shes a cutie-patootie! Girls are more fun for that dressing up thing :-)

    ReplyDelete