Our New Year consisted of ham dinner, adults playing Scrabble while kids watched Alvin and the Chipmunks (the were completely enthralled), then a movie for the grown-ups after we put the kids to bed. And I actually stayed awake til midnight, no we didn't let the kids stay up. Don't think they really cared anyway.
I don't really have any resolutions for the new year, but there are some new things for me. I was released from my Young Womens calling a couple of weeks ago. I was in that organization for 4 years! So it will be different, and guess what my new calling is? Primary Chorister! I know, I was sure they had the wrong person. I am sure most of you know how I am not really a musical person, so this will certainly be new and different for me. Our bishop thinks callings should "stretch" us. This most definitely qualifies. We shall see how it goes. This Sunday I have to start teaching a new song. A song I don't know myself. I have been trying to learn it. Please pray for me!
So here's wishing all you the best for a new, productive, prosperous, pleasant year!
Congratulations and good luck on your new calling! I'm sure you'll be great as the Primary chorister.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
Happy New Year, Leslie! I'm excited for you to have a Primary calling--it was my favorite calling ever, and I miss it. I don't worry, the kids will be very forgiving. They can tell more if you have the spirit with you than whether you're teaching the song right. You'll do a great job.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had a great Christmas! Alice looks so darling with those bows!!! And, Leslie, you are one of the most dependable, hardworking people I know, so I know that you will give 110% for that new calling of yours. Good luck :)
ReplyDelete