Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Spring

Last week was Easter, what a great time of year. It is spring, and going fast. Trees are blossoming, robins abound, spring flowers are blooming, a few april showers are falling. And somehow now it is May. I feel like I missed April. How can we be in the 5th month of this year already? I am sure I am taking an active role in my life and all, yet I also feel like time is passing by while I just stand still or something.

Well here are some pictures of my kids in their "Easter Outfits." I wanted to get Alice a cute Easter dress, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay the $15 or $20 it would cost, even though there were some very lovely ones out there. Mostly because she already has dresses she can wear. Instead I made her one. Not fancy, but not bad for having no real pattern and only a few hours on Friday afternoon, and it coordinated with her brothers' vests. (Which were ones I made 3 years ago for Easter. Eli wore the one Ayden wore back then, Simon wore Rylan's, I don't know what I did with the ones that I made Eli and Simon. I am sure they are lurking somewhere.) Anyway, I think they are cute kids!



Kids are great, and I really have a testimony of Primary. Today our fast and testimony meeting included lots of primary kids getting up and bearing their testimonies. Primary must work, and of course their parents are teaching them well. And this afternoon, my boys were singing "Love is Spoken Here" continually. I love that. I love to hear them sing the words of primary songs and I just know that somehow those teachings are making it into their minds are hearts and helping them grow their own testimonies!


In other children related matters, Alice has developed a love for taking off her clothes and diaper. So maybe I am supposed to potty train her now. I don't even know how to do that with one so young. I got out the little potty for her, which she loves to sit on, but has yet to actually pee in it. And today she decided to take off her clothes and diaper while she was supposed to be sleeping. She did not wet the bed this moring, but she did during her nap. Just great. Onsies to the rescue, she hasn't figured out how to undo those snaps yet. Every day a new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment