Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

I had to wait til after mother's day to post this so I wouldn't ruin the surprise for my female relatives. But I have to show off what my sister and I made for our mother, mother-in-law, grandmothers and aunt for mother's day. Instead of a simple card, we made these exploding boxes with pictures and notes from our little boys in them.


Here is the inside. They had 3 different layers that all fold up into box shapes.

And the cute little quote for the top.

My sister found the idea on the internet, so if you are interested, just google "Exploding Box" and you should find some sort of help or instructions. They were a big hit with everyone. We had a few husbands who also wondered why they didn't get one too. Maybe for father's day...... Hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute! I am going to google and see if I can get a pattern. Tell Carissa I said hello!

    ReplyDelete