13 years ago
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Watering Woes
School is quickly coming to a close. I can't believe it is the end of May already and then summer will be upon us. We are working hard to get landscaping done in our yard. We finally finished moving all the rock from our back yard (of course by we, I mean Joe did most of the hard labor). So now this weekend we plan to rotatill and plant grass seed. I know it is kind of late for planting the grass seed, but this is the first opportunity we will have to get it done, so such is life. My problem now is figuring out the best way to water once it has been put down. Installing an automated sprinkler system would be ideal, but I just don't see that happening right now. So now I am looking at all the myriad of sprinklers you hook to a hose trying to figure out what would be most efficient, and of course cost effective. Some of the obstacles making this difficult are: 1. The yard is divided into 5 distinct areas-- 2 near the house, 2 across the side walk, making up the "common" area, and 1 in the backyard; and 2. All the areas are square, and most sprinklers water in a circle. Since we get a lot of foot traffic down our street, it doesn't seem like a good idea to try to water across the sidewalks, but maybe people will just have to deal with that. I just don't know. I am not complaining, just confused. There really are lots of options out there. Ideally, I would like to buy sprinklers that can be hooked together by hoses and thus water more than one area at a time, but maybe I really just need to resign myself to the fact that I will be spending the next several weeks at the mercy of a timer that goes off every 15 minutes telling me to get up and move the sprinkler! If any of you out there have any wisdom into such matters, please enlighten me. Here's hoping to more days of 70 degrees than 90 so the grass can grow happily!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment