And then this is it after it was painted. And a couple of views of the living room (I didn't take real before pictures, so I just had to find what I could)
And here is the after pictures! It is pretty dramatic change and I love it. We got the couches and rug at American Furniture Warehouse. The big wave picture and bookcases came from Ikea, as well as the "fabric" for the curtains and pillows (it was a duvet cover I took apart).
I was just going to make plain covers for the pillows, but Alice got ahold of my scissors (again), and put some inconvenient holes through the fabric. I guess it ended up for the best, because I added some texture to hide the holes and I like the pillows better!
Come over and see it in person sometime. I was going for a beach feel, and it is a very relaxing room now. If I can do it, I think anyone could!





Hey Les!! What beautiful colors you chose to pop that room--love the picture, window treatments and pillow! You must be proud of yourself. I have so many room re-do's to do---taking it one room at a time and it's taking an eternity. Hope you're all doing well. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteI love your living room. Awesome! We'd love to come enjoy it sometime. : )
ReplyDelete