I have been a total slacker in posting for a couple of months now. Of course they have been kind of crazy with the holidays and traveling and visitors and I was sick for a month of it...enough excuses, right?!
We went to Utah to spend some time with family for Christmas. We saw my Aunt Jeanne, and Uncle Chris was there too. Then we went to Joe's parent's house (first time we have seen it since they just moved there in October). It snowed 10 inches at least. We had to delay our trip home a day because we didn't want to risk driving in snow. It was rather tense anyway between Rawlins and Laramie, but we all made it. (I did wonder at a few points if we ever would considering the throwing up kids, and pants wetting, and extra stops!) And we got to bring Joe's parents home with us to ring in the New Year. It was lots of fun. I was sick through most of it, so I hope everyone else had more fun than I did! Here are some pictures showing the general splendor of it all:
Other things have been happening since Christmas and New Years too. Joe was asked to do a solo art show at the Morgan Community College CACE gallery, which opened January 18th. There was a good turn out for the opening reception, and it will be going until March 1st. Click here to see pictures of Joe's art.
Eli was invited to participate in the district spelling bee. It was mostly 5th-8th grade, with a couple of 4th graders. It was way more nerve-racking to watch than I anticipated. We had studied with him and I just hoped he would not be the first kid out, and spell one word right. He certainly exceeded that! He ended up in the top 8 and is going to the regional spelling be next month! His cousin, Jayson Marler, won the whole spelling bee! Guess we have a couple of good spellers in the Marler family! The whole thing was pretty impressive considering some of the words they had to spell (indefatigable, contemporaneous, audacious, delicatessen, etc.) Eli is also on the brain bowl team for his school and will compete in that next month too. We will have some pretty exciting days to look forward to!
13 years ago
I've been perusing your blog this afternoon, since I've been absent from the blogosphere for a while. Your family is adorable! And so creative! It's so fun to be able to see what you are up to and how your kids are growing. Please say hi to Carissa for me! I miss you girls!
ReplyDeleteLydia