Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

I really like Thanksgiving and the time we all spend thinking about all the many blessings we have. I know that I am truly blessed and have so much to be thankful for. At dinner one night this past week (no not on Thanksgiving but prior to it), as a family we did ABCs of things for which we are grateful. So here is some of that exercise

A - Alice, it is good for me to remember that I am thankful for her and all her 2-year oldness.
B - Beds
C - Cars
D - Dad, both mine and the great one that Joe is!
E - Education and Eli
F - Family and friends and Freedom
G - Grandparents
H - Home
I - Ice cream
J - Joseph Smith
K - Knowledge
L - Love
M - Moms
N - Nighttime so we can see the stars
O - Opportunities (Eli thought of this one!)
P - Prayer
Q - Quiet times
R - Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
S - Simon and Scriptures
T - Telephones
U - Underwear!
V - Voting
W - Water
X - X-rays
Y - Yummy food
Z - Zippers
It would only take 4 things in each letter to have more than 100. Makes me realize how many great things I have to be thankful for and how easy it really is to count my blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment