My side project
So my friend Rachel gave me this funny gift for my birthday. See this link. http://www.amazon.com/Stupid-Sock-Creatures-Book-Kit/dp/1579909116. It is a book and kit on how to make Stupid Sock Creatures. I thought it was such a great gift and so did my kids. They were begging for me to make them one from the minute I opened it. I was busy for a while, but finally I attempted. The first one I made was rather ugly, ok they are all ugly, but more ugly. Then I made a few more. So here are the pictures of what I have made. They follow the patterns in the book, but due to different sock materials and of course my being a novice, they all look different that what is in the book. But the kids love them. And of course, Rachel will be receiving one soon....This is Syd. He is Eli's. Here is Claude, who now belongs to Ayden. I like his design.
Wronky belongs to Simon. I like his shape. I may do more of him. Next is Mr. Chompy, as named by his owner Rylan.
This is Mr. Cheesy, whom I made for Cayde during a trip to Denver. He was desperate to have his own Stupid sock creature, so here it is. This pink and blue creation I have named Cordelia. I like her colors. They were a good sock choice.
This nameless creature will be going to my good friend Rachel. Hope she likes it!
And now I am off to make one for Joe. I guess he was feeling left out. Somehow I must not have enough to do if I can find time to make all these. But I kind of like doing it. It is fun and I love that it is just socks!
No comments:
Post a Comment