Sunday, August 15, 2010

Making things better

What would summer be without home improvement projects? We have made the most of the last two weeks getting as much done as we can. Earlier in the summer we made a gate in the fence. Last week I painted the bathroom (nothing special just a fresh coat of paint.) Joe fixed the outside spigot, which was in need of repair, and together we painted the fireplace. I have not like the fireplace since we moved in, but we finally did something about it. I like how it turned out. You can't see the whole room, but I think it goes well with red curtains and the area rug we have. It is hard to see in the picture, but before it was white with an ugly faux marbeling thing. Here is before and after:
Here is Alice after she crawled into the fireplace and ended up black all over:


And here are a couple pictures of the boys at swimming lessons. They both had a good time. Simon didn't want to go under water when he started, but by the end, he became a little fish.



I can't believe summer is over already! It will be good for Eli to get back to school (can't believe he is in 2nd grade!) and I am sure Simon will love preschool. What will I do with just Alice for half the day Monday thru Thursday? Hopefully get tons of stuff done!

1 comment:

  1. WOW, Les!! Lovin' the home improvements!!! I do love the red-bricked fireplace. Wish I could really be there to see it!! Take care and know that I love ya!!

    ReplyDelete