Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hopes

I have not posted in a little while, but I can't say it is because of a baby....not yet anyway. 13 days and counting though. We have been busy finishing up house projects and I am happy to report they are done. The bedroom downstairs now has a closet and a real door, thanks to my awesome husband and talented brother-in-law Danny. And then Joe and my sister and I painted the downstairs. I think it looks very nice. So now the boys live downstairs and the upstairs bedroom has become the nursery/spare room. I am getting anxious for the little one to get here. Of course I am tired of being pregnant, but I am also just looking forward to meeting this baby, and seeing if we really have a girl! I do realize life will change once the baby is on the outside, but at this point I think I am ready to take that on.

And the most recent event, Eli started 1st grade today! Here is a picture of him ready for school. I can't believe he is in 1st grade! What happened to my little baby boy? And time just keeps going. Here are some of the things I hope for as I send my son into the world and the dynamics of the household change. I hope Eli has a great year and learns a lot. I feel fortunate that he likes school so much and I hope we can keep nurturing those feelings. I hope he makes good friends and is a good example to the other kids he is around. I hope I have taught him enough and the right things so he can be successful. I hope I still have some influence on him. I hope that Simon and I can bond and grow together, having time with just us. I hope Simon likes his new sibling. I hope I can potty train Simon sooner that later. I hope I teach Simon what he needs to know, and how to be loving and patient. I hope the new baby will be as wonderful as the two boys I have. I hope they all know how much I love them! I am glad I can work on all of these things and do my best to make them happen.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your new arrival! Always a busy but special time. I am excited to see if this will be the first girl in your family! But boys are so much fun that of course a boy would be great, too.

    Ella started kindergarten yesterday and I had a lot of the same feelings--hoping I can still have some influence on her, hoping she is a good example and has fun, hoping I've taught her well enough so she has the tools she needs to succeed and be happy, etc. I don't know when that job is finished, but I guess us moms wish for a lot of the same things for our children. They sure are blessings and teach us so much, don't they?

    ReplyDelete