Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Viruses, AAAHHH!

I have been "offline" for 10 days or so because our computer got a nasty virus. The kind that hides and replicates itself, and requires professional intervention that costs $$$! Yuck. And I thought taking myself to the doctor was expensive. Anyway, so finally our computer is virus free and I hope that we don't repeat that scenario any time soon. I guess I consider us lucky that up until this point we have never had anything major like that happen, especially with all the junk that seems to be out there. It is somewhat mind boggling the extent of the Internet and what it can do, with which comes a host of malicious people that want to take advantage of unsuspecting, unaware, unprotected individuals. I did miss being able to look things up on the computer whenever I wanted, but that faded and in actuality it was a little nice be "unconnected" for a bit. I hope none of you have to deal with nasty computer viruses like the one we got. It was not nice, rather disconcerting, and we felt violated. I don't think any of our personal information was stolen or anything and fortunately I also didn't miss any work. In fact, I was battling strep and then a cold during the computer's infection. I sure am sick of being sick! And my kids too. I wish we could all just be healthy! I am looking forward to spring and summer, which it feels like spring already. I wonder if there will be any big spring snows to make up for the lack of winter snow?

We are off to Albuquerque on Saturday. We decided to get out of town for part of Spring Break coming up next week. We wanted somewhere we could drive in a day, somewhere new. So Albuquerque is it. We have looked up lots of stuff to do, so we should be able to stay plenty busy during our couple of days there. Look for pictures from our trip on the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment