Today is Eli's 100th day of kindergarten. This is seems to be a big deal for kindergarten and even first graders these days. I don't remember celebrating any such thing when I was in school. But they do now, so Eli had to make a project using 100 of something. Here is a picture of what we made. 100 playdoh hearts glued together in
the shape of an 'E'. His teacher was very impressed. They will be doing all kinds of activities today having to do with 100. On Thursday they get to walk to a bank and turn 100 pennies into a dollar. Of course mom and dad have to provide the pennies. I guess it is a fun way to learn about 100.
Here is another project I worked on last week. I was in charge of refreshments for our Young Women's New Beginnings program. The theme was lighthouses, so I made a cake. My sister helped me out and I think it turned out well.
I don't remember celebrating the 100th day, either, but they do it here, now, too! I am impressed at how hard you worked on Eli's project. The cake looks awesome, too!
ReplyDeletegood job super mom! Olivia also does 100 day....I think it is on Friday. What a funny thing to do now, huh? the kids are all excited about it though so I guess that is what counts, right?
ReplyDelete